Tuesday 6 March 2018

OH LA HO! Brewery - Thrash Lager, Can.





Name: Captain Crow Thrash Lager

Brewery: Oh La Ho! Brewing

Style: Lager

Purchased at: The Oh La Ho! Brewery and Nagano train station.

Price: ¥350

Taste: 9.5/10

Alcohol Level: 5%

Music: It’s a thrash lager so I had to listen to some Thrash
Aura Noir – Black Thrash Attack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-kKaJ21gbw

Snack: Chicken sandwich with japapenos

Website: http://www.tomi-kosya.com/ohlaho-beer/ohlaho-beer.html

Experience.
OH LA HO! releases another beer with their mascot, Captain Crow. I don’t get why he is on some of their beers and not others. I’ve reviewed the other Captain Crow beer, the Pale Ale, and I have to say Captain Crow is getting better because I like this one more.

I feel like I don’t often see craft lager beers, it seems like a style that you might see more in British Pubs or something like that. The taste of this beer is delicious. I’ve had it a few times because shortly after it released I bought it every time I saw it. On their facebook page I remember them posting something about there only being a certain amount of these beers being made, like 2000 or something. So I though Man I better get as many as I can! But I’ve seen this beer many times around Nagano, even now months after its release, so clearly I read something wrong.

This beer is really tasty man. They say it’s a lager but I feel like I can taste a lot of hops or whatever, like in a Pale Ale. Maybe this is how lager is meant to taste, but as I said I imagine standard draught beer when I think of lager, so I was a little surprised. So I don’t at all regret buying it a bunch of times, and I still go for it if I see it available. Nice colour and a lot of foam, but that was probably just from the way I poured it.

OH LA HO! has a brewery a little south of where I am outside of Ueda in a village called Tomi. It’s up in the hills and has an unreal view. They have all their beers there on tap. The food there is pretty fancy, I was hoping for hamburgers and stuff when I went there, but I was able to get chips and sausages so I was happy. I 100% recommend going there if you can! At the brewery I saw this beer won a heap of awards. It deserved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment